Saturday, May 3, 2008

Ginger-Lemongrass Curried Asparagus Stir-Fry

Asparagus Stir Fry

I finally found the time to make this delicious dish! I can't remember who's blog I found the initial recipe on, so if it rings a bell, please let me know so I can give proper credit! I took many liberties with the original recipe, as its easy to do with stir fries. This turned out quite delicious!
Asparagus Ingredients
Ingredients:

  • 1 block extra firm tofu, cubed

  • 3 garlic cloves, minced

  • 2 tbs. rhubarb, diced

  • 1/2 onion, chopped (as much or as little as you like)

  • 6 or 7 stalks of aparagus

  • 4 carrots, sliced

  • 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

  • 1-2 tsp. dried oregano

  • 1 tsp. dill (fresh or dry)

  • 1 jar Ginger Lemongrass Curry


Directions:

  1. Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chopped garlic and diced rhubarb, cook for two minutes.

  2. Add in tofu, cayenne pepper, oregano, and dill; cooking until the cubes start to brown (8-10 minutes).

  3. Toss in carrots and onions, cook for about 2 minutes.

  4. Add asparagus and cook for another 10-15 minutes. The asparagus can go in sooner if you like it softer, I prefer mine crunchy so I add it last.

  5. At this point I added the curry. You can add it a bit sooner if you like, and some curries (especially the simmering curry) should be added much sooner so it can "simmer".

  6. Enjoy!


Artsy Asparagus

No comments: