Saturday, October 11, 2008

Seattle Vegan

Avocado Curry
I've been in the Seattle area all week for work. The food options have been dismal for the most part, but today I took a short trip up to the University District in Seattle and had dinner at a completely awesome vegan Thai restaurant called Araya's. I had the avocado curry dish, which is pictured above.....sorry for the poor picture quality, but I took it with the camera on my phone, as I forgot my real camera at the hotel. It was one of the best things I've ever tasted. So good. On my way back, I was treated to a wonderful view of Mt. Rainier. Quite lovely!

I've been sick with a cold all week, so this dinner was a welcome experience. I really loved the University District. It was very lively, and lots of cool people were about. I'd write more, but I'm trying to get a nagging headache to go away, so I'll cut this short. But once again I'll say, Araya's was absolutely awesome!

No comments: