Friday, February 13, 2009

bitter winter moon

cradle


The show was awesome. Cradle kicked ass but they had the shittiest sound mixer of all 3 bands that performed. The vocals weren't very clear and neither was the guitar. Even when they played 2 of my favorite songs, Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids and From the Cradle to Enslave, I almost didn't recognize them at first.

But still a good show, and their new female vocalist is great, but I got the feeling that they were just trying to get through their set.

The real highlight of the night was the second band, Satyricon.

At first I was kinda wondering how they ended up opening for Cradle, because they should be headlining in their own right, but it turns out they will be doing a headlining tour in the fall. They were awesome. They had the synchronized headbanging down perfectly, and they seriously worked the crowd with a finesse rarely seen.

Satyricon is one of those bands that I've always meant to buy their albums but never have, so this morning I picked up:
Those are older albums, but I like to start at the beginning and work my way up to more current. I liked their newer stuff as well, and when they played Black Crow on a Tombstone, the energy was palpable. Frost, their drummer is absolutely amazing.

Satyricon

No comments: