Friday, April 18, 2008

Veggie Power Pizza

veggie pizza top
Veggie pizza......the very definition of great taste. Simple and satisfying, and you'll feel like a million bucks when you're done.

I've made different variations of this pizza before, and they keep getting better every time I make this dish. It is very easy and quick....30 minutes and you are ready to dig in.

veggie pizza statueFor this one, I added fresh organic...

brocolli

cauliflower

garlic

onions

and for the pièce de résistance.........asparagus and sun dried tomatos.

Keeping with the ease of this dish, put as much or as little of the various ingredients as suits your taste. I didn't add any mushrooms because I'm not a big fan of those, but I'm developing a taste for them, slowly but surely. I usually go with 4 or 5 spears of asparagus; that will drape the pie quite nicely. Depending on the crust, I usually recommend baking it for about 10 minutes to thicken it up a bit, and once you've placed all the ingredients, pop it in the oven for another 15 minutes or so, and its done. Don't forget to steam the veggies a bit too!

No comments: