Tuesday, November 4, 2008

iVoted

iVoted
I love voting season. There always seems to be a "we're in this together" atmosphere at times like this, and its refreshing to get out of the house, mingle with your neighbors (if you voted in person, that is), and just enjoy the season and magnitude of the occasion.

I'd like to say "I hope you all voted!" but the fact is, there's a caveat to that statement. I think every citizen should vote, but I realize that not every citizen has the time to research and understand all the angles, and I'd rather someone not vote than vote incorrectly. Its a big decision, one that affects everyone, and if you aren't properly prepared, I see no shame in respectfully bowing out.

So while I am saying, "I hope you all voted!", I have to temper that statement with a bit of caution.

I always try to keep in mind that it is up to all of us, whether it be through votes, activism, or just setting a good example by living our values to be the changes that matter to us, every day of our lives.

With that said,

HAPPY VOTING!!!

No comments: