Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Absinthe Makes the Heart Grow Fond

tourment
Last summer when I was at a music festival in Portland, Oregon, I had the pleasure of trying some absinthe (well....it was quite the raging party, so I guess I had my fair share). The theme of the music festival was "A Dark Victorian Dream", so naturally I bought an absinthe glass and spoon while I was there.

I've been meaning to buy some absinthe so I could actually be able to use my glass and spoon, but being that I'm not much of a drinker, I just never got around to buying any until today. I had gift cards, which was probably the only way I could justify spending $60 on a bottle of alcohol. So I bought a bottle of Le Tourment Vert, which I'm excited to try it, although I'm not sure when that will be....the bottle is so beautiful I'd hate to ruin it by opening it. It is hand glazed and numbered.

They say Van Gogh was intoxicated with absinthe when he cut his ear off....lets hope I don't get to that point :)

No comments: