Friday, September 11, 2009

Attack of the Kittens

skadi

I has a kitten. This little guy (or girl) moved in to my backyard about a week and a half ago with its mom. Mom was very protective and pretty much took over the back yard. But I haven't seen the mom in a few days and the baby was getting very vocal. She's got a set of pipes on her.

So I was worried that she'd starve to death. Again, I haven't seen the mom in a few days so I'm wondering if she was killed or just decided to abandon her little ball of fluff. I lured her out from behind the tree and gave her some special formula milk for cats, just in case she was hungry. I tried a syringe but she didn't like that, so then I tried dipping my finger in the milk but she started gnawing on my finger, so then I put the bowl in front of her and dove right in, lapped a bunch up.

Now she's exploring the cozy laundry basket I prepared for her and almost climbed out. I'm going to call a no-kill shelter I got the number for and have them take care of her.

Any advice on how to take care of a small kitten would be welcome.

I'm calling her Skadi for now, but I will NOT get attached.....even though she's really cute and makes the most endearing little squeaks :)

No comments: